Splinter - Solar Storms: Flares, CMEs and Solar Energetic Particle (SEP) events
Vilmer, Nicole - LESIA Observatoire de Paris, FRANCE
Malandraki, Olga - NOA, GREECE
Crosby, Norma - BIRA-IASB, BELGIUM
Thursday November 21st, 2013, 15:15-16:45
This splinter meeting will cover topics from the SWWT Topical Working Group Drivers of Space Weather,
Subgroup 2 Solar Storms.
The program consists of invited talks (15 min) about the understanding of
- particle acceleration and transport processes at the Sun and in the inner
- the onset of CMES, propagation in the interplanetary medium and subsequent
interactions with the Earth's magnetosphere.
- the impact of flares
(UV radiation, particles) on the Earth's atmosphere.
The schedule is as follows:
Back to the splinter overview
- Thanassis Papaioannou (National Observatory of Athens), Solar Energetic particles within the STEREO era : 2007-2012
- Bernd Heber (Christian-Albrechts-Universitat zu Kiel), A statistical survey of wide-spread solar electron events observed with STEREO and ACE
- Neus Agueda (Universitat de Barcelona), Numerical simulations of the propagation of SEPs
- Francesco Zucarello (KU Leuven), Numerical simulations of CME's in the interplanetary medium
- Jan Maik Wissing (University of Osnabrück), Modelling particle precipitation in the Earth's atmosphere