- cactus: when the CACTus software detects in image sequences from LASCO a halo CME with an angular width of more than 180°.
- DbKalt: when the magnetometer in Dourbes (Belgium) registers geomagnetic disturbances with a local K > 4.
- MAKalert: this is an advance alert. When the MAK-model predicts geomagnetic disturbances with a local K (Dourbes, Belgium) >6.
- flaremail: when SIDC software detects in the GOES data a flare with an X-ray radiation flux stronger than M5.
- quieta: this all-quiet alert is sent when quiet space weather conditions are expected for the next 48 hours or until further notice. This implies that the solar X-ray output is expected to remain below C-class level, the K index is expected to remain below 5 and the high-energy proton fluxes are expected to remain below the event threshold. A notification of the beginning and of the end of such a period is distributed.
To register and to see examples of the last sent emails, go to the registration page.