- A Transfer Learning Method to Generate Synthetic Synoptic Magnetograms
Li, & al., 2023
- Slow Solar Wind Connection Science during Solar Orbiter’s First Close Perihelion Passage
Yardley, & al., 2023
- Observational Evidence of S-Web Source of the Slow Solar Wind
Baker, & al., 2023
- A multiple spacecraft detection of the 2 April 2022 M-class filament eruption during the first close Solar Orbiter perihelion
Janvier, & al., 2023
- Unusually long path length for a nearly scatter-free solar particle event observed by Solar Orbiter at 0.43 au
Wimmer-Schweingruber, & al., 2023
Mercury, a little black dot on the SunThe telescope EUI onboard the satellite Solar Orbiter could capture Mercury while it transited the Sun. Scientists use the little black as a guide for science-approved photo-editing.
The PROBA2 Science Center launches its 10th Guest Investigator callThe PROBA2 PI-team welcomes research proposals for the tenth round of its Guest Investigator program for research based on SWAP and LYRA data analysis by scientists outside the SWAP and LYRA PI-teams.
Solar snake spotted slithering across Sun’s surface
Solar Orbiter has spotted a ‘tube’ of cooler atmospheric gases snaking its way through the Sun’s magnetic field. The observation provides an intriguing new addition to the zoo of features revealed by the ESA-led Solar Orbiter mission, especially since the snake was a precursor to a much larger eruption.